- Service & Repair
- Safety & Security
- About Overhead Door™
- Our Reputation
If your home has a garage, it is most likely the place you choose to store a step ladder. Reacquaint yourself with ladder safety at home in honor of National Ladder Safety Month.
Next time you take the ladder out to change light bulbs or reach something from a top shelf, take care to use stepladders safely and avoid common ladder injuries.
Prevalent Ladder Injuries
Did you know that 136,118 emergency room visits per year related to ladder injuries?
Compared to the following examples, chances are much more likely to be involved in an incident with a ladder.
- 19,000 emergency room visits per year from high heel related injuries
- 11,000 injuries per year from house fires
- 3,736 emergency room visits per year from microwaves
- 16 shark attacks per year in the US
Take safety into your own hands by taking ladder safety seriously. Visit www.LadderSafetyMonth.com to learn more.
Garage doors are often the largest moving object in a home. It’s critical to properly maintain them so you and your loved ones remain safe. If you aren’t sure what a garage door safety inspection includes, continue reading.
Prior to the safety inspection, our service technician will discuss any noticeable repair or replacement issues of concern with you.
Garage door safety inspections address the following safety and maintenance items:
- Every garage door in your home is reviewed under a 14-point inspection
- Each garage door opener system in your home undergoes a 12-point inspection
- Tighten or replace defective garage door bolts and nuts
- Lubricate the garage door’s rollers and pulleys
- Lubricate the whole drive mechanism on your garage door
- Adjust the electric garage door opener and tighten the chain
- Set the garage door opener limit switches
- Lubricate the whole drive mechanism on your opener system
- Check the keypad and transmitter batteries and replace up to two as needed
After the garage door safety inspection:
In addition to verbally reviewing the inspection details with you, a service technician will supply you with a completed inspection checklist that notes any safety issues or recommended repairs in writing. You will receive a copy for your records with the service call receipt.
Keep your family safe and extend the life of your garage at the same time with a garage door safety inspection. Schedule a convenient appointment time online!